Charlestowne Area Civic League is a VOLUNTEER organization. CACL sponsors activities like the Holiday Celebration and Santa Parade, Spring Picnic, National Night Out, Neighborhood Yard Sale, and Neighborhood Cleanup. CACL volunteers also maintain landscaping at neighborhood entrances and serve as points of contact with the city.
How can YOU help?
Join the Civic League!
Volunteer to help with events!
Serve as an officer or Board Member
Here’s a list of CACL officers and their duties:
- President: Run meetings and support decisions made by the Board
- Vice President: chair meetings if the President is absent and coordinate programs for general meetings
- Secretary: record minutes of meetings
- Treasurer: be responsible for CACL funds, receive and record membership dues
- Webmaster: maintain and update CACL website
- Newsletter Editor: create CACL newsletter quarterly
- Neighborhood Watch Coordinator: organize block captains and coordinate with VBPD, coordinate Night Out celebration in August
- Board Members: act as advisors and represent the members of the League. Attend Board Meetings every other month.
Officer elections will be held this fall.
Interested? Contact CACL@cox.net